Monday, April 27, 2009

The Week That Was...

Just updating some outfits that I wore to work experience last week.
The week went soo fast and was a lot of fun. I learnt so much about the business side of a fashion house, and just enjoyed being in an environment with such fashionable people.
I was able to meet Sarah Jane and Heidi who were both really lovely. All the girls that worked in the head office were very supportive of the brand, wearing Sass & Bide clothes every day. It gave a really great feel to the company , like that were all one big family. So it was really nice to be part of that even for one week. With Sydney Fashion Week this week I helped out with the preparation of the invitations to all the fashion socialites of Aus, and helped organise the samples of the current season of clothing. Something else that I got to do was sew silver stars on a Union Jack tee that was to be photographed for a shoot to be in Grazia, very exciting!

I tried to wear something each day that I had made: One Day1 I wore: Slouch Alert!
black zebra leotard (handmade by me), leather skirt (koom), boots (target), gold jacket (vintage), studded clutch (peter alexander)...
You probably can't see the detail of the leotard but the zebra fabric is lycra, the front neckline has a sequin trim and the centre back also has a sequin finish with a box pleat.. to add a bit of sparkle.
On Day2 I wore:


Boots (target.. outfit repeat.. they're my fav boots!), lace jacket (vintage), tassel tank dress (hand dyed and tasselled)
This the tank dressed that I tie dyed with rocks. It turned out really well beause the rings that the rocks created were uneven and not perfect, the look that I was aiming for. Sass & Bide have a few garments in their current season that are embellished by tassels. This idea I tried to recreate by sewing a V of tassels down the centre front.


studded cuff (vintage), peace sign (hawaii), pearls (hand strung)

Wow! Watch the tassels go!

I've also had my hair done since my last outfit post.. it is a lot blonder.

Day3 I wore:
Tassel Tie Dyed Tee (hand dyed and tasselled)
This tee is the shirt from the previous post that I Tie Dyed using black dye. As you can see the colours that were creater were: black, plurple and blue.. with the white stripes created from the places where the rubber bands were tied.
I didn't take any photos from the last 2 days of the week as I ran out of time.. The photos were taken in a really nice park inbetween the bus stop and the hotel I stayed in, quite nice scenery for the busy city.
Wow.. really long post!
Hope guys enjoyed The Week That Was.. because I did!

1 comment:

  1. ah, i absolutely Love your diys...so amazing..
    sounds like your work experience is going really well..i'd love to do work experience like that one day :)
    x

    ReplyDelete