Saturday, April 25, 2009

Tie Dye Retro Chic...

Tie dyeing! For my week with Sass and Bide I wanted to wear some of my own designed clothes but wanted them to be similar to SnB style... so i decided to get out the rubber bands, t-shirts, dresses and tanks for some diy-ing!
I used black dye on white fabric, but created different prints from different techniques. As you can see from all of the photos. To make circles you tie rubber bands from a 'point' on the fabric.. so the middle point in the circle is the point that you tied first. Then if you want more rings around the circle, tie more rubber bands below the places you've already tied... I hope that makes sense!

Both of these tops were white but now are black/blue/purple just from using black dye. The tee on the left I cut tassels up to the waist. It turned up quite well! The tank is just a Bonds Chesty Singlet but looks quite different after dyeing. I also dyed a tank dress using rocks and rubbers bands! But only have a photo of me wearing it.. which I will definitely post next time!

My inspiration: Sass and Bide on the catwalk! love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment